Article By: Helen Pye
How to Choose Your Bridal Entrance Song
Normally couples decide together the bridal entrance song together. There’s a couple of key things to think about.
Firstly, the pace: you don’t want something really fast as you want to walk at a slightly slower than normal pace. If your chosen song is a little too up-tempo, see if there’s a slowed-down acoustic version available. Secondly, decide whether you want a piece of classical music, a song with lyrics or an instrumental version of a song. You’ll need to work out when you want the music to fade (if it’s not a live band) so time your walk to avoid arriving at the front mid-verse or crescendo.
If you’d rather have the song you walk down to be a surprise, that can be a great idea. We know one bride who chose an instrumental version of the Jurassic Park theme tune as it was her husband’s favourite film! Your guests will love to see your partner’s reaction, and it’ll be a great shot for your photographer to capture.
20 amazing Songs to Walk Down the Aisle To
We’ve got 20 ideas for songs to walk down the aisle to. Lots of these bridal entrance songs you know, but some will be new to you.
- At Last – Etta James
- Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- Songbird – Fleetwood Mac
- Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Lucky – Jason Mraz ft. Colbie Caillat
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Canon in D Major (Pachelbel’s Canon) – J.S. Bach Orchestra
- Your Song – Ellie Goulding
- I’m Kissing You – Des’ree
- Everybody’s Free (To Feel Good) – Quindon Tarver
- Butterfly Waltz – Brian Crain
- From This Moment On – Shania Twain & Bryan White
- What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Bella’s Lullaby – Carter Burwell, Dan Redfeld and Elizabeth Hedman
- The Secret Wedding (From “Braveheart”) – David Arkenstone featuring Kathleen Fisher
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- The Prince of Denmark’s March (Trumpet Voluntary In D Major) – Royal Philharmonic Orchestra & Christian Rainer