Treat yourselves (and guests!) to one of these unique culinary delights. By Andrea Fowler.
When it comes to figuring out your reception menu it’s easy to feel underwhelmed by dishes you’ve seen a hundred times. You want to serve something special, right? But also within budget. First thing’s first: ask your venue what their catering policy is. They may have in-house catering services that you’re required to use or charge a fee if you want to bring someone else in. From there, you can work out things like seasonal selections, presentation specifics and serving logistics.
The biggest dinner trend we’re seeing right now? Interactive stations. Couples are moving away from a sit-down three or four course dinner where the food is brought to guests by waitstaff, and instead having passed hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hours or self-serve food stations. Guests still have the opportunity to sit down and enjoy their meal, but there’s less table-time and more mingling time. Let our favorite amazing wedding entree dishes inspire your reception menu.
- Lobster With Mashed PotatoesLOVEDAYS PHOTOGRAPHYFrom: An Elegant Wedding at The Phoenix Room in Newburyport, Massachusetts
- Vegetarian Vegetable and Couscous SaladDAMION HAMILTONFrom: A Contemporary Jewish Wedding in Sonoma, CA
- Seasonal Food With Flavorful Seasonings and SaucesROBIN VAN DYKE PHOTOGRAPHYFrom: An Outdoor Fall Wedding at Leslie-Alford-Mims House in Holly Springs, North Carolina
- Filet Mignon With Green BeansCAROLINE TRAN PHOTOGRAPHERFrom: An Oheka Castle Wedding in Huntington, New York
- Barbecue Favorites: Fried Chicken, Mac and Cheese and BiscuitsTANVEER BADAL PHOTOGRAPHYFrom: A Green Building Wedding in Brooklyn, New York
- Seasonal SaladONELOVE PHOTOGRAPHYFrom: A Whimsical, Rustic Chic Wedding at Tiato in Santa Monica, California
- Chicken and WafflesHEATHER & JARED PHOTOGRAPHYFrom: A Shabby-Chic Southern Wedding at Historic Masonic Amphitheater in Clifton Forge, Virginia
- Fajita and Taco BarTAYLOR RAE PHOTOGRAPHYFrom: A Bright, Backyard Wedding at a Private Residence in Yardley, Pennsylvania
- Cucumber-Rolled Fresh Greens and PeppersTHERESA CHOI PHOTOGRAPHYFrom: A Walters Art Museum Wedding in Baltimore, Maryland
- Wood-Fired Family-Style Pizza DinnerTIFANI LYN PHOTOGRAPHYFrom: A Vintage Garden Wedding at a Private Residence in Saugatuck, Michigan
- Family-Style Fall Vegetable and Fennel SaladJBM WEDDINGSFrom: A Industrial Elegant Wedding at 501 Union in Brooklyn, New York
- Brunch-Style Bagel BarHANNAH ARISTA PHOTOGRAPHYFrom: An Organic, Rustic-Themed Backyard Wedding at a Private Residence in Los Angeles, California
- Freshly Grilled CornDETOUR WEDDINGSFrom: A Colorful Mexican Fusion Wedding at Four Seasons Hotel in Mexico City, Mexico
- American Family-Style DinnerREADYLUCKFrom: Hip, Vintage Americana Wedding at TBD Brooklyn in Brooklyn, New York
- Grilled Chicken and Cherry Tomato SkewersJAMIE MERCURIO PHOTOGRAPHYFrom: A Whimsical and Nautical Wedding at Bold Colorful Life Estate in Boothbay, Maine
- Spring Green SaladEPAGA FOTOFrom: A Modern Orange Wedding With Rustic Twist at The Guild in Kansas City, Missouri
- Butternut Squash, Fresh Fruit and Stake